Drew McLellan and Gavin Heath's creative ingenuity have combined to announce the advent of Age of Conversation 2.0 for 2008! Their "carnival of content" is sure to be an exciting compilation and a orthwhile endeavor. The following is their announcement:
If you want to be an author for The Age of Conversation's kissing cousin (our 2008 version), e-mail Drew at his site and say you're in.
He'll get into a lot more detail in a week or so -- but for now, here are some basic rules for authorship:
• You will sign over all rights to your chapter
• You understand that all proceeds of the book will be donated to Variety, the Children's Charity
• You will promote the book, throughout the process, on your blog if you have one
• You'll embrace the cooperative, collaborative spirit that defined Age of Conversation
• You'll honor deadlines so Drew does not have to be a nag
• You'll honor word counts so Gavin doesn't have to be a nag
But what's the topic, you ask? Ahhh, here's a new twist for 2008. In the true spirit of collaboration, we're going to decide together. Your choices are:
• Marketing Manifesto
• Why Don't People Get It?
• My Marketing Tragedy (and what I learned)
You'll note that they were purposefully vague to leave the authors plenty of room for interpretation and the readers plenty of variety.
To vote....the one and only way is via their SurveyMonkey survey provided at Drew's Marketing Minute. You DO NOT need to be an author or potential author to vote. Gavin and Drew want everyone's take on this year's topic. They'll close down the survey on January 31st, so hurry and get out the vote.
If you are interested in participating, you need to hurry. Visit Drew's site, vote and send him an email to request inclusion. It's that easy.